$AEM(AWX.SI) A 120K shares in 2015 before split .... to 180K shares post split in 2017 .... and multi bagger to now >$1mil profit.
AEM still has quite a strong upside to go ... and, the bonus is very, very valuable. AEM price doubled in less than 3 weeks ex-bonus in Apr 2017 and history could play out itself again due to the very strong FY18 guidance ....
(1) AEM still has very strong forward revenue and profit fundamentals,
(2) strong barrier to entry due to patented technology serving the world biggest Tech Giant Intel in the hot and huge IoT and 5G biz,
(3) a very shrewd and engaging BOD controlling the coy,
(4) a very high M&A potential target for the much bigger US competitors such as Cohu, and ..... finally, and most importantly,
(5) a very small 67mil float that must somehow be enlarged via splits or bonuses going forward to boost market liquidity.
This Share Split happened in Apr 2017. It is going to happen now again in 2018. And even with a 2 for 1 bonus issue the float will still only be a small 200mil. So this share split exercise could yet happen again in the future. Of course, the coy must continue to maintain a strong set of forward revenue and profit momentum to make this happen again.
It is the strong fundamentals that keeps me in the game, and TA has little value in appraising AEM.