Week of 7 January 2019
Institutional investors net buy (+S$229.5m) vs. (+$107.3m) a week ago
Retail investors net sell (-S$479.5m) vs. (+S$126.4m) a week ago
Top 10 Institution Net Buy (+) Stocks
Top 10 Institution Net Sell (-) Stocks (S$M)
$NetLink NBN Tr(CJLU.SI)
1) Weekly Institution Fund Flow For SG Market (S$Mil)
- 3rd consecutive weeks of Institutional traders net-buying into Singapore Stock Market. Value was doubled again.
- Institutional investors net buy (+S$229.5m) vs. (+$107.3m) a week ago
2) 4-Week Comparison Table
2.1) Top net buying summary (Pay attention to $value)
- With 3 out of last 4 weeks of net-buy : UOB and OCBC.
- With 2 out of last 4 weeks of net-buy : ThaiBev, Venture, Genting, SATS and Singtel.
2.2) Top net selling summary (Pay attention to $value)
- With 3 out of last 4 weeks of net-sell : Nil.
- With 2 out of last 4 weeks of net-sell : Starhub, Singtel, DBS, City Development, Genting.
3) Weekly Performance by Sector and the chart,
- Looks like fresh funds into Financial (+$S137.8mil), Communication Services (+$S18.4mil) and Information Technology (+$20.4mil).
4) Data Table of Weekly Institution Fund Flow For SG Market (S$Mil) (53 Weeks)
- The 53-week net balance of institution fund flow into Singapore stock market is negative (-S$1,062.3mil).
5. Weekly Institution Total Net Buy & Sell Value of Top 10 Counters
- 4 consecutive weeks of increasing Institution Total Net Buy value.
- 1st week strengthened of Total Net Sell value after 2 consecutive weeks of weakening.
$$$ Importance $$$ :
- These are historical records (past weekly records) such that funds may just start taking profit for the counters which they have been accumulating or reloading up the counters which they have been dumping.
For example : For the week of 26th Nov'18, Funds switched to load up DBS cheap (to the top of Top Net-buy) after 5 weeks of top net selling it.
- Please DYODD to have a trade plan before placing your new orders.
* Charts and accumulation data tables were prepared by Martin Seah based on the said SGX weekly update data.
- Weekly data update taken from SGX * :
The Mailing List