RetiredOldMan

My 4 Key Ideas for 2018 and Beyond

These 4 positions is where I put most of my money on for the year 2017, they are my long term bets for 2018 and beyond
I believe that their valuations are still fair for entry despite this bull market

$ThaiBev(Y92.SI)
I believe earnings growth will explode again post thai king mourning.
The biz is very cash generative and the recent acquisitions will further help push earnings growth.
3% dividends + 5-8% long term earnings growth for total 8-11% expected long term returns

$SingTel(Z74.SI)
Solid decade track record of same or higher dividends, I believe I am getting close to 5% yield with long term dividend growth of around 3% for a solid and stable 8% long term total returns
ST is very diversified so I am not too fearful of the 4th telco's entry

$ComfortDelGro(C52.SI)
Even without the taxi biz, I believe their remaining biz will be able to maintain the 10 cent dividends payout for a solid 5% yield. I expect 2017 and 2018 earnings to be down by single digits, followed by growth resuming again in 2019 onward.
I expect a 5% yield and long term 3-5% earnings growth in their public transport segment (bus/train) for long term returns of 8-10%
do note that my valuation model conservatively puts their taxi biz as zero value

$Sheng Siong(OV8.SI)
I believe SS still has room to grow towards 50 stores in singapore, followed by their expansion into china market. I am expecting 4% dividends + 4-8% long term earnings growth for a total expected return of around 8-12%.

So far my strategy has been to look for solid companies with over 5-10 years track record of earnings and dividends. I often set a min return requirement of 8%, so therefore most if not all of my picks I aim for 8-10% returns or higher in the long run.
So far over the last decade plus I have made a XIRR of around 12%, so I intend to continue my current strategy of quality companies for long term ^^

As the market goes higher and in 2018 we are likely to see an even higher index... I probably wouldn't be doing anymore buying next year. I am done shopping and I'll be patiently riding this bull while rebalancng at times into some cash.

Do note that I am vested in all 4 counters and my views are strongly biased, please do your own due diligence before following the same bet.

Cheers

Read more
71 people like this.
RetiredOldMan :

added 10,000 more shares of SS today ^_^
total now 40,000
looking to bring it to 50,000 if it goes even lower

matthewang :

Reply to @RetiredOldMan : Whaaa you have so much faith in SS.

These days I so much afraid of RedMart or that new convenient store “Star”.

They have low prices, but of course cannot compare in terms of freshness.

RetiredOldMan :

SS pulling back a bit, 90 and 92 cents level seems decent for accumulation, i looking to add more ^_^

RetiredOldMan :

must see if CDG can reach 2.00 and hold above that level, if so would be a healthy sign

if still below 2.00 means traders still uncertain

RetiredOldMan :

CDG up 3-4%, i think the bottom is likely over

RetiredOldMan :

Reply to @seba240698 : if buy not scared
if scared dun buy

  View More Replies Small loading
eugenetavano :

Singtel will disappoint!

limchris8 :

Reply to @eugenetavano : For near term, Singtel is upward trend. Recently, there is a worldwide re-rating of Telcos. That is why there is a spillover to Singtel. Currently it is trading with CD. When the Hill Street Telecom Bldg is finally sold, it should add to Singtel profits. I no longer have Singtel. I am merely talking about facts. No need to reply to me. It is too tedious for me to see too many threads. Cheers!

  View More Replies Small loading
matthewang :

Reply to @matthewang : ST Huat ah!!! SH Huat ah!!!! SS not so huat.....

  View More Replies Small loading
limraymond :

Reply to @thamwk : Market weak due to banking stock correction and the div in Singtel does provide the reason to be vested, the next resistance will be 3.85.

  View More Replies Small loading
Hachiko :

CDG 1.93 now! Insiders sure know something?

tansoonchai :

Reply to @Hachiko : Maybe 1.85 tmr , nobody will know..
1.80 is my base line, might grab some in between along the way. Feel no hurry for entry as the trend should be downwards for some period

  View More Replies Small loading
tansoonchai :

Can share average price you are vested in?

tansoonchai :

Reply to @RetiredOldMan : Haha fully understand your feelings

  View More Replies Small loading
bransonlee :

feel that the uber alliance probably not working out

RetiredOldMan :

Reply to @bransonlee : Maybe the insiders already know gg
Retail investors always last to know

View More Comments (34)
Small loading

Revision History


Recommended & Related Posts

RetiredOldMan
Read more
RetiredOldMan

My 4 Key Ideas for 2018 and Beyond - Repost

These 4 positions is where I put most of my money on for the year 2017, they are my long term bets for 2018 and beyond
I believe that their valuations are still fair for entry despite this bull market

$ThaiBev(Y92.SI)
I believe earnings growth will explode again post thai king mourning.
The biz is very cash generative and the recent acquisitions will further help push earnings growth.
3% dividends + 5-8% long term earnings growth for total 8-11% expected long term returns

$SingTel(Z74.SI)
Solid decade track record of same or higher dividends, I believe I am getting close to 5% yield with long term dividend growth of around 3% for a solid and stable 8% long term total returns
ST is very diversified so I am not too fearful of the 4th telco's entry

$ComfortDelGro(C52.SI)
Even without the taxi biz, I believe their remaining biz will be able to maintain the 10 cent dividends payout for a solid 5% yield. I expect 2017 and 2018 earnings to be down by single digits, followed by growth resuming again in 2019 onward.
I expect a 5% yield and long term 3-5% earnings growth in their public transport segment (bus/train) for long term returns of 8-10%
do note that my valuation model conservatively puts their taxi biz as zero value

$Sheng Siong(OV8.SI)
I believe SS still has room to grow towards 50 stores in singapore, followed by their expansion into china market. I am expecting 4% dividends + 4-8% long term earnings growth for a total expected return of around 8-12%.

So far my strategy has been to look for solid companies with over 5-10 years track record of earnings and dividends. I often set a min return requirement of 8%, so therefore most if not all of my picks I aim for 8-10% returns or higher in the long run.
So far over the last decade plus I have made a XIRR of around 12%, so I intend to continue my current strategy of quality companies for long term ^^

As the market goes higher and in 2018 we are likely to see an even higher index... I probably wouldn't be doing anymore buying next year. I am done shopping and I'll be patiently riding this bull while rebalancng at times into some cash.

Do note that I am vested in all 4 counters and my views are strongly biased, please do your own due diligence before following the same bet.

Cheers

Read more
RetiredOldMan

My 4 Key Ideas for 2018 and Beyond - Repost

These 4 positions is where I put most of my money on for the year 2017, they are my long term bets for 2018 and beyond
I believe that their valuations are still fair for entry despite this bull market

$ThaiBev(Y92.SI)
I believe earnings growth will explode again post thai king mourning.
The biz is very cash generative and the recent acquisitions will further help push earnings growth.
3% dividends + 5-8% long term earnings growth for total 8-11% expected long term returns

$SingTel(Z74.SI)
Solid decade track record of same or higher dividends, I believe I am getting close to 5% yield with long term dividend growth of around 3% for a solid and stable 8% long term total returns
ST is very diversified so I am not too fearful of the 4th telco's entry

$ComfortDelGro(C52.SI)
Even without the taxi biz, I believe their remaining biz will be able to maintain the 10 cent dividends payout for a solid 5% yield. I expect 2017 and 2018 earnings to be down by single digits, followed by growth resuming again in 2019 onward.
I expect a 5% yield and long term 3-5% earnings growth in their public transport segment (bus/train) for long term returns of 8-10%
do note that my valuation model conservatively puts their taxi biz as zero value

$Sheng Siong(OV8.SI)
I believe SS still has room to grow towards 50 stores in singapore, followed by their expansion into china market. I am expecting 4% dividends + 4-8% long term earnings growth for a total expected return of around 8-12%.

So far my strategy has been to look for solid companies with over 5-10 years track record of earnings and dividends. I often set a min return requirement of 8%, so therefore most if not all of my picks I aim for 8-10% returns or higher in the long run.
So far over the last decade plus I have made a XIRR of around 12%, so I intend to continue my current strategy of quality companies for long term ^^

As the market goes higher and in 2018 we are likely to see an even higher index... I probably wouldn't be doing anymore buying next year. I am done shopping and I'll be patiently riding this bull while rebalancng at times into some cash.

Do note that I am vested in all 4 counters and my views are strongly biased, please do your own due diligence before following the same bet.

Cheers

Read more
RetiredOldMan

My 4 Key Ideas for 2018 and Beyond - Repost

These 4 positions is where I put most of my money on for the year 2017, they are my long term bets for 2018 and beyond
I believe that their valuations are still fair for entry despite this bull market

$ThaiBev(Y92.SI)
I believe earnings growth will explode again post thai king mourning.
The biz is very cash generative and the recent acquisitions will further help push earnings growth.
3% dividends + 5-8% long term earnings growth for total 8-11% expected long term returns

$SingTel(Z74.SI)
Solid decade track record of same or higher dividends, I believe I am getting close to 5% yield with long term dividend growth of around 3% for a solid and stable 8% long term total returns
ST is very diversified so I am not too fearful of the 4th telco's entry

$ComfortDelGro(C52.SI)
Even without the taxi biz, I believe their remaining biz will be able to maintain the 10 cent dividends payout for a solid 5% yield. I expect 2017 and 2018 earnings to be down by single digits, followed by growth resuming again in 2019 onward.
I expect a 5% yield and long term 3-5% earnings growth in their public transport segment (bus/train) for long term returns of 8-10%
do note that my valuation model conservatively puts their taxi biz as zero value

$Sheng Siong(OV8.SI)
I believe SS still has room to grow towards 50 stores in singapore, followed by their expansion into china market. I am expecting 4% dividends + 4-8% long term earnings growth for a total expected return of around 8-12%.

So far my strategy has been to look for solid companies with over 5-10 years track record of earnings and dividends. I often set a min return requirement of 8%, so therefore most if not all of my picks I aim for 8-10% returns or higher in the long run.
So far over the last decade plus I have made a XIRR of around 12%, so I intend to continue my current strategy of quality companies for long term ^^

As the market goes higher and in 2018 we are likely to see an even higher index... I probably wouldn't be doing anymore buying next year. I am done shopping and I'll be patiently riding this bull while rebalancng at times into some cash.

Do note that I am vested in all 4 counters and my views are strongly biased, please do your own due diligence before following the same bet.

Cheers

Read more
RetiredOldMan

My 4 Key Ideas for 2018 and Beyond - Repost

These 4 positions is where I put most of my money on for the year 2017, they are my long term bets for 2018 and beyond
I believe that their valuations are still fair for entry despite this bull market

$ThaiBev(Y92.SI)
I believe earnings growth will explode again post thai king mourning.
The biz is very cash generative and the recent acquisitions will further help push earnings growth.
3% dividends + 5-8% long term earnings growth for total 8-11% expected long term returns

$SingTel(Z74.SI)
Solid decade track record of same or higher dividends, I believe I am getting close to 5% yield with long term dividend growth of around 3% for a solid and stable 8% long term total returns
ST is very diversified so I am not too fearful of the 4th telco's entry

$ComfortDelGro(C52.SI)
Even without the taxi biz, I believe their remaining biz will be able to maintain the 10 cent dividends payout for a solid 5% yield. I expect 2017 and 2018 earnings to be down by single digits, followed by growth resuming again in 2019 onward.
I expect a 5% yield and long term 3-5% earnings growth in their public transport segment (bus/train) for long term returns of 8-10%
do note that my valuation model conservatively puts their taxi biz as zero value

$Sheng Siong(OV8.SI)
I believe SS still has room to grow towards 50 stores in singapore, followed by their expansion into china market. I am expecting 4% dividends + 4-8% long term earnings growth for a total expected return of around 8-12%.

So far my strategy has been to look for solid companies with over 5-10 years track record of earnings and dividends. I often set a min return requirement of 8%, so therefore most if not all of my picks I aim for 8-10% returns or higher in the long run.
So far over the last decade plus I have made a XIRR of around 12%, so I intend to continue my current strategy of quality companies for long term ^^

As the market goes higher and in 2018 we are likely to see an even higher index... I probably wouldn't be doing anymore buying next year. I am done shopping and I'll be patiently riding this bull while rebalancng at times into some cash.

Do note that I am vested in all 4 counters and my views are strongly biased, please do your own due diligence before following the same bet.

Cheers

Read more
Market Indices

There are more for you ...

View more and participate in our discussion now. It's FREE.

Creating an account means you’re okay with InvestingNote's Terms and Conditions